The small print...
Also known as the important stuff!
We don’t want to make things complicated for our centre users. But, we do believe that it’s important that everyone has the same understanding when booking to use our centre and facilities.
With this in mind, we have a few simple terms and conditions for all users of our centre which are detailed below.
The Scout Association policies
All event leaders must ensure that every adult (over the age of 18) has followed the DBS checking and clearance procedure as laid out by their organisation and has been deemed suitable to work with children.
The Scout Association's “Young people first” rules and guidelines apply at all times.
All adults staying overnight must be DBS cleared.
Insurance & liability
As a responsible organisation, Greater London South Scouts has legal liability insurance to cover its potential liabilities to visitors to our centre and participants in activities arising, in negligence.
Users of the South London Scout Centre should consider whether they wish to obtain other insurances, such as cancellation or personal accident insurance.
Force majeure (greater force)
The Greater London South County Scout Council (known as South London Scouts), and/or The South London Scout Centre (known as The Fort), shall not be liable for any unforeseeable circumstances and/or any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation or alterations and cancellations due to any cause beyond the scout council's and/or centre's reasonable control.
This includes, but is not restricted to, strikes, lockouts, labour disputes, acts of God, war, riot, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage, threats to safety, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule regulation, or direction, accident, environmental contamination, pandemic, epidemic, outbreak of disease, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, volcano, earthquake, difficulty or increased expense in obtaining workmen/contractors, materials, goods or raw materials.
At certain times South London Scouts may take photos to use in their promotional material. If any members of your party do NOT want to appear in any such photography they should notify us prior to your visit and advise the Warden upon your arrival. We also uses elements of guest feedback including letters and feedback forms in some promotional material. If you do NOT wish to be quoted, please inform us on any written material that you submit to us.
Pacta sunt servanda (agreements and/or promises must be kept)
These terms and conditions are set out in the spirit of scouting, and follow and uphold our scouting values, these being integrity, respect, care, belief, and cooperation.
As such both parties respect these terms and conditions, which represent the expression of our agreement to grant use of our centre and facilities and will therefore perform their respected obligations in good faith.
This agreement does not detract from or replace any rules or policies as laid down in the current edition of the Policy, Organisation and Rules of the Scout Association (scouts.org.uk/por).
Prices, and information accuracy
The prices and information shown on any published price lists, marketing materials and quotes may have changed by the time you come to book.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors and changes do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details with us at the time of confirming your booking.
Challenges and issues
If a problem arises whilst you are on site at the South London Scout Centre please inform the Duty Centre Manager, as soon as possible, so we can offer help and address the issue.
If your concern is of a more sensitive nature please provide details in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then investigate your concern and respond, detailing any actions we intend to take as soon as we can thereafter.
Your named group leader (we assume this to be the person that made your booking), accepts responsibility for the general conduct of the group members throughout the stay and the guests and group leader shall ensure that:
- Adults accompanying the group agree to act ‘in loco parentis’ at all times
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise disturbance to other guests
- Suitable arrangements are made for the exclusion of any guests that do not comply with these conditions or reasonable requests made by our centre team
South London Scouts reserve the right to add additional charges to users/groups final invoices if:
- there is any damage caused to buildings and/or equipment caused by members of your group during your stay
- any area or building is left in an unreasonable state of cleanliness
- we have to recover your vehicle from the site
- you have requested additional facilities, services or equipment during your booking
Help us create happy campers
Keep it friendly
Everyone's welcome at Scouts - be respectful to other groups around you. You might be pitched near other groups when it's busy, so keep to your own pitch and please don't walk through other camps.
Keep it clean
Our team is made up of volunteers who have given up their time to run the centre. Please be considerate - keep toilet blocks clean, use the bins, and look after the centre. Let us know if you spot any problems, and we'll do our best to fix them as soon as possible.
Keep it down
Our quiet hours are 22:30 - 07:30. Please keep noise down - especially if you're running a late night activity or leaving early.
Keep it safe
- Keep paths, gates and access routes clear.
- Leave at least 1m between tents and 3m from buildings.
- Think fire - risk assess, have suitable firefighting equipment, store equipment correctly, check it regularly, and keep the area clear.
- Absolutely no fires are allowed directly on the grass. Beware of carbon monoxide - don't cook in poorly ventilated spaces or sleeping tents.
Keep it hygienic
- Please do not wash up using the toilets or water taps.
- Please put any food waste in the bins, and not down the sinks or in the bushes. We don't want to attract rats!
- Please place all of your sorted general waste and recycling rubbish and any unwanted BBQs and equipment in the bins located at the front of the site (next to the site entrance) before you leave the site
Click here to download a copy of our general terms & conditions of use