We have a high standard of indoor accommodation and lots of camping space, whether it is some where to stay to visit London or a patrol camp, we can cater for all.
The centre has three buildings
and three large camping fields...
All our buildings have:
fully equipped kitchens: cuttlery, cups, plates, bowls cooking pots and utensils
gas cook and hobb
- a small safe for valuables
- central heating (my October to May)
- access to male & female toilets with showers [20p for 4 minutes]
- access to a toilet and washing faclities for the wheelchair users
- free wifi
- Tea towels are supplied and changed every day.
Sleeps up to 50, with bunk beds & mattresses, with 2 rooms of 3 & 6, 1 of 4, 1 of 5 beds. For larger groups there are 2 additional rooms of 11 + 12 beds making a total of 50 beds. The kitchen is fully equipped, with all cooking & eating utensils, dishwasher etc. for 50 people, there is also a hall equipped with tables and chairs for 50 people, these can also be put away to open the hall for indoor activities.
- The pillowcase is changed for each booking.
- Each person will require a sleeping bag.
- Cleaning materials are supplied for the dishwasher.
- Cooking by gas. Also 1 US style fridge/freezer.
Ideal for parties, meetings, training and a great floor for the night!
Use of room, sleeping on the floor, with small room for Leaders. Mats are supplied by the Scout Centre, and cater for up to 50 people. Kitchen attached to the room.
The Ismay Room is also suitable for meetings, day time activities & social events, chairs and tables are supplied for 50 people, these can be stored out the way if not required, there is a projector screen and whiteboards (pens and wipes supplied on request).
Use of a hall with tables and chairs for 50 people there are white boards on the wall (pens and wipes available on request), there is also a fully equipped kitchen [with dishwasher], for up to 50 people, and a small room that sleeps 6.
The Troop Room is also great as a floor for the night for smaller groups.
The camping area is divided into 3 fields, with water taps in various locations throughout. Wood fires are permitted, but campers must use the metal fireplaces. Firewood is limited.
* Tents & cooking equipment for smaller groups, may be available from June to August.
Toilets & Showers
Located in the Ismay building. Separate male and female toilets and washing faclities, with hot and cold water at the hand basins, the showers are temperature controlled (showers operate on pay to use, 20p for 4 Mins). There is also a toilet and washing faclities with wheelchair access.