Closing date for booking: 24th January
Register ASAP to get maximum time to practice
Matches last 30 minutes each split into two 15 minute halves.
Teams of 7 to 9 is allowed but only 7 allowed on the court at any one time. Players can be substituted and all team members must play in each game.
1) A try is worth one point. To score a try a player must carry the ball over the opponents' goal line and press the ball down on the ground. After a try is scored the game restarts from the centre of the field with a free pass by the non-scoring team.
2) No forward passes are allowed and will be penalised by a free pass being awarded to the non-offending team at the place the ball left the player's hands. A forward pass is any pass where the ball travels in the direction of the opponents' goal line.
3) Only the player with the ball can be tagged and a tag is simply the removal by a defender of one of the two ribbons from the ball carrier. Ball carriers can run or dodge potential taggers but cannot fend them off, spin around or guard or shield their ribbons in any way. This includes using the ball to fend away defenders. The defender then holds the ribbon above their head and shouts 'tag' for all to hear. Defenders must back off at least one metre from the ball carrier, allowing space for them to pass. They are not allowed to snatch the ball from the player's hand. Once tagged, the player in possession of the ball must attempt to stop as soon as possible and pass the ball within 3 seconds of being tagged. Even at full pace, the ball carrier will be expected to stop in 3 strides.
4) A free pass is used to start the game (from the centre of the field) or to restart it at the place where the ball went out of play or an infringement took place. On the instruction 'play' given by the referee the player passes the ball to a team-mate. Players must tap it with their foot first before passing, as they do when taking a tap penalty in full contact rugby. The opposition cannot start moving forward until the player has actually passed the ball.
5) If the ball or ball carrier goes out of play a free pass is given to the other team from the sideline.
6) strictly no contact
7) no handoffs or preventing defender from grabbing your tag with your hands
8) no diving on the ball
9) no spinning
10) no deliberate barging into the defenders
11) no diving to score a try, the ball must be placed on the ground. If the ball is dropped the try is disallowed.