We will be running a course at the Fort ( South London Scout Centre ),
Grange Lane, London SE21 7LH to enable Scouts and Explorers to gain this
The cost will be £5.50 per person. The offer is open to all Scouts and
Explorers in GLS and GLSE, but we are limited to a maximum of 21 places
due to the size of the premises. All Scouts and explorers should attend in
How to earn your badge
- Explain how each of these are measured:
- · wind force and direction
- · cloud type and extent
- · temperature
- · pressure
- · rainfall
- · humidity
- Record the weather conditions every day for two weeks, or once a week for three months. Use equipment like a rain gauge or an outdoor thermometer.
- Identify different cloud types. Describe how they are formed.
- What do ‘warm’ and ‘cold’ air masses in summer and winter do to the typical weather in your area? Describe the effects on land and sea.
- Explain how weather forecasts are created.
- Show that you understand a synoptic weather map, including fronts and isobars. Explain how the measurements in step 1 relate to the map.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THIS COURSE – SEE ITEM 2 .
Demand is already high – in order to see if places are available please contact Carol Ivany (courses bookings secretary) as soon as possible at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are told that places are available, this will only be confirmed on receipt of payment. Cheques are payable to ‘GLS County Scout Council.
Because we don’t want to run with empty places, reservations not confirmed by payment by 10th November 2019 will be released to those on the waiting list.