Calling all Colonies, Packs, Troops and Units, Leaders, Groups and South London Scouting folk...
We have two very exciting weekends planned at The Fort exclusively for South London Scouts, all sections welcome!
17th - 19th May
13th - 15th September
Camp on either or both of the above dates at the South London Scout Centre - The Fort, for free with your section/group/unit. We hope to run some organised 'drop in' activites on the Saturday of both weekends (subject to uptake), Sundays are free to run your own programmes.
We really would love to see many sections/groups/units from across the county coming along to these weekends, it's going to be great fun, and we will share the finalised activities when they have all been confirmed! Here are some of the activities discussed so far: shooting & archery, bouncy castles, search & rescue display, BSAC display, St Johns display, county caving team, county air team display, Mobile climbing tower, tuck shop, bushcraft skills, campfire songs.(all subject to final numbers booked).
Please spread the word with as many South London Scouting folk as you can. Let’s make these weekends something the kids won’t forget!
Click here to find out more about the South London Scout Centre
To secure your places for these weekends you are required to pay £27.54 deposit per group at the time of booking. You will then receive £25.00 back after the event. There will be a £2.54 booking fee payable per group for out ticket system.
Click below to book your group a space now at either weekend or both:
Closing Date Monday is 31st December 2018
Closing Date Tuesday is 30th April 2019
If you have any questions regarding the weekends, booking or anything else, please contact
Terry Wiggins, Deputy County Commissioner for Programme email@example.com
T's & C's (Please read)
- The South London Scout Centre - The Fort will be used on the published dates exclusively for scouting in South London and not open to the public.
- Access to The Fort will be available from 6pm on Friday evening 17th May to 4pm Sunday 19th May 2019 and the same for 13th - 15th September 2019
- Closing date for booking for May weekend is Monday is 31st December 2018
- Closing date for booking for September weekend is Tuesday is 30sth April 2019
- All bookings must be made via eventbrite only (this is the only way to book your space at these weekends)
- The weekends are open to all group/sections/units that are members of South London Scout County only
- All young people camping will require own adult supervision and need to be covered by adult/young people ratio for your group.
- No Campsite fees will be charged for both weekends
- Normal Nights away rules and processes will need to be undertaken by all groups/sections/units attending. (Permit holders & NAN Form)
- Camping space is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, at the descretion of the organiser
Proposed: activities on Saturday 18th May and Saturday 13th September (Some additional cost may be charged dependant on activities available) - Some of the activities discussed were Twang & bang, Bouncy Castles, Search & Rescue display, BSAC display, St Johns display, Caving Team Display, Air Team Display, Mobile climbing tower, Tuck Shop, Bushcraft skills, Campfire songs. (all of these activities and displays are subject to the number of bookings we receive and are subject to omission or change.)
We look forward to see you all there!