The Quality of Programme checker is a tool designed to help you to plan and review your programmes, and make sure that you are delivering quality Scouting to the young people that you work with. A quality Scouting programme should cover all of the areas identified by the tool.
Click below for each sections quality programme checker...
A quality programme definition has also been developed. A quality programme is challenging, relevant and rewarding for every young person. A further breakdown of the quality definition and what this means is below.
A Quality programme is challenging, relevant and rewarding for every young person.
What we mean by challenging
- More opportunities for outdoor and adventurous activities in safe environments
- Young people gaining confidence by participating in new or less familiar activities and stepping out of their comfort zones
- All young people regardless of their abilities, can enjoy and achieve
What we mean by Relevant
- Young people shape the programme based on what they want to learn and explore
- Ensuring the needs of every young person are met
- Responding to what young people are currently inquisitive about and reflecting this in the programme
What we mean by rewarding
- Developing skills for life, including teamwork and leadership
- Supporting young people with their progression through the sections
- Young people are excited about Scouting, having fun and increasing in confidence