Our induction and support modules are designed to support you in your role as a Executive Committee Member, (trustee).
We recognise there may be learning and skills you have gained through your work and life experiences, and our training s designed to complement these with further opportunities to enhance your individual skills.
Our training also provides you with the opportunity to interact and share your experiences with other volunteers that carry out the same role as you.
01E: Essential Information
for Executive Committee Members
Essential Information for Executive Committee Members is a mandatory elearing module that provides you with the basic knowledge you need to know to get started in your role and also provides more specific information on the responsibilities of Executive Committee Members, enabling them to carry out their role effectively. The module covers:
- The Fundamentals of Scouting
- Executive Committees and trusteeship in Scouting
- Safety in Scouting
- Safeguarding - child protection
General Data Protection Regulation Training
GDPR Training is a mandatory module for all appointments. It covers the basic information that individual’s need to know in relation to the General Data Protection Regulations, what this means for their role and for Scouting and how to effectively align with it. Topics covered:
- Personal Data
- Individuals' rights
- Accountability & Governance
GDPR training is only available as e-learning.
Executive Committee Toolkit
Our Executive Committee Toolkit will help you define the role of your Group Executive Committee and its members. It provides lots of practical reference material on the different responsibilities of the Committee and tools, templates and guidance covering all areas including help to recruit, welcome and induct members to Committee.
The Toolkit covers the following areas:
- The purpose and role of the Group Executive Committee
- The key responsibilities of the Committees’ Officers
- Good governance & Policy, Organisation & Rules
- Recruiting & supporting Group Executive Committee members
- Accounting & bank accounts
- A rough guide to insurance
- Model Group constitution
- Claiming gift aid
- Creating a Group assets register
- Successful Annual General Meetings
- Pro-active Committee meetings
- Active Sub-committees