COVID-19 Important information for centre users
Centre status: as of 10/09/2021:
The South London Scout Centre is open for all bookings:
All non-residential activities (including young people and adult only groups):
- No limit on group size, although all activities must be able to safely manage the risk of transmission of COVID and, if this is not possible, they must not take place
- Outdoor activities are still encouraged. In poorly ventilated areas, social distancing and face coverings are expected and recommended.
COVID measures such as good ventilation and good hygiene remain in place,
it is recommended strongly that all members of your party over 11 years old take a lateral flow test immediately prior to your event and on after
It’s important to remember that we’re still living with a pandemic and we all have the duty to make sure we all following the letter and spirit of this guidance. Although there is no longer a legal requirement for many things, as scouts, with a duty of care to others and to young people, we recommend and expect the application of good hygiene and covid-safe approaches by all users of our centre.
Our current centre risk assessment can be found here
The UK Scouts readiness level for England, as of 6/09/2021:
This framework for face-to-face scouting should be applied to all scouting activities.
England readiness level: GREEN
All activities can resume for members who live in England. Residential activities and international travel may take place.
Group sizes and limitations:
- All non-residential activities (including young people, Scout Network and adult only groups): No limit on group size, although all activities must be able to safely manage the risk of transmission of COVID and, if this is not possible, they must not take place.
- Residential activities: Nights away experiences may take place, more details in the planning COVID-safe Nights Away in 2021 guidance.
- International travel: Visits abroad may resume but must follow the FCDO travel advice and still manage the transmission of COVID and ensuring that the trips are safe and accessible.
Readiness levels across UK Scouts
The framework for face to face scouting should be applied to whatever the readiness level is in your nation or jurisdiction. Click here to check the readiness levels.
Please refer to the guidance published by your governing body or organisation HQ.