We are proud to launch The South London Scouts ”Scoutdown to Christmas 2020”. This aim of this event is to help groups get back to Scouting in 2021 (as soon as appropriate), and encourage collaboration and communication across the county. All South London Scouts members, friends and family are able to play, however only South London Scouts members are able to receive a prize. This is simply as the majority of prizes have been geared at helping local groups and we aim to ensure that we include as many local groups as is practically possible.
A HUGE thank you to the generosity of those providing the prizes! ! !
In brief, there will be a daily Facebook post. All you need to do is open the door, and nominate your section / group / unit in the comments to win the price. Winning entrants will be selected at random (you have to be in it to win it), and prizes large and small are spread throughout the month. It’s going to be a blast! ! !
Terms & Conditions.
- There will be one #ScoutdownToChristmas post per day at 7.30am. This will run from 1st to 24th December 2020.
- This event is about promoting South London Scouts and helping South London Scouts groups in 2021 - the aim is to help groups get back to Scouting in 2021 and encourage collaboration across the county. All South London Scouts members, friends and family are able to play, however only South London Scouts members may receive a #ScoutdownToChristmas prize.
- Prizes are for the express benefit of your South London Scouts section / group / unit. If in doubt as to which sections should benefit the final say remains with your GSL / ESL.
- To receive a prize on behalf of your South London Scouts section / group / unit you need to “like” the post, and type your section / group / unit name in the comments box bellow the post. You can nominate your section / group / unit as many times as you would like to for a prize. Where a section / group / unit does not have a Facebook account, another can enter the section / group / unit name on your behalf.
- You will have 12 hours daily from the time at which the post is posted to nominate your section / group / unit. Any nominations after this may still be visible but will not be included in the prize draw that day.
- All prizes will only be released to verified South London Scouts members. Where there is any question the prize will be released to the GSL / ESL of a the nominated group. Lucky Dip prizes will only be released to the GSL / ESL of the group.
- #ScoutdownToChristmas is being run on Facebook only due to logistical restrictions with other social media platforms. You do not have to have a personal or group Facebook account to enter.
- Prizes will be sent to the person who wins the prize on behalf of the their South London Scouts group or section. It is up your section / group / unit as South London Scouts members how you use the #ScoutdownToChristmas prize in discussion with your GSL / ESL. Lucky Dip prizes will only be released to the GSL / ESL of the group. This is very clearly for the benefit of your section / group / unit, and in the express spirit and values of Scouting.
- #ScoutdownToChristmas prizes are transferable at the absolute discretion of the The South London Scouts media team in agreement with the prize provider. There will be no discussion on this point.
- #ScoutdownToChristmas prizes are not resealable, and any attempt to do so will immediately invalidate the prize and make the prize returnable to South London Scouts. There will be no discussion on this point.
- When you nominate your section / group / unit, please type the full section / group / unit name ie “Cubs 1st South London Scout Group” for example. Once a prize has been announced as won by a section / group / unit the matter will be considered closed.
- Prizes will be mixed throughout the month and not necessarily in any given order. This is specifically to ensure that section / group / units engage throughout the month. You need to be entered on any given day to win that days prize. #ScoutdownToChristmas can only be entered on The South London Scouts main Facebook page “South London Scouts” - we cannot take responsibility for any nominations made against the post if shared elsewhere. If in doubt please return to The South London Scouts Facebook page in conjunction with the terms and conditions.
- All prizes are redeemable once in 2021 where appropriate subject to availability. Where prizes need to be delivered this will be done as soon as it practical. Certain prizes may need to be collected from South London Scouts HQ known as The Fort.
- All winners will be chosen daily at random by The South London Scouts media team. You will have 12 hours to nominate your group for a posted #ScoutdownToChristmas prize - winners will be posted or announced on Facebook daily. Where possible please tag your group Facebook page in your nomination, so that we can tag the winner and you will be automatically notified.
- In entering you are confirming that we can post your section / group / unit name and your personal name on our publicly and privately accessible social media channels (we need to do this to announce you as the winner).
- Any contravention of the rules will lead to disqualification and withdrawal of the prize.
- The South London Scouts media team decision is full and final. There will be no discussion on this point.
- Any enquires can be sent to email@example.com and may take a minimum of 5 working days to reply due to operational constrains.
- We have endeavoured to be as clear as possible with the above in the spirit of Scouting - please have fun and engage with the opportunity to help your section / group / unit engage in 2021.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the promotion at any time without notice.
Most of all - have fun, and Merry Christmas.
The South London Scouts Media Team
#SouthLondonScouts #ScoutdownToChristmas #Santa #Elfs #Fun #LiveLife #Adventure #Outdoors #Memories #Active #Beavers #Cubs #Scouts #Explorers #Network #Leaders